A vacation to Singapore, whether with family or friends, is certainly not going to be fun without visiting Universal Studios Singapore (USS). What are the things that need to be considered so that you can maximize an exciting day at this spectacular recreation area? You can check the quick guide from Traveloka Lifestyle SuperApp below!
Best Time to visit
The USS can be visited any day of the year. But if you want to enjoy many rides more freely, come on weekdays. On weekends, visitors will be more crowded than usual.
What to Prepare
· Thin and comfortable shirt
· Sports shoes or sandals
· Umbrella or raincoat (for September-February)
· Stroller (rental available)
· Stroller rental starting from S$10
· Wi-Fi Access
· Additional Express Pass to avoid queues from S$30
· Wheelchair rental
· Lockers cost S$12 for 4 hours of use
· Nursing Area and Baby Center for breastfeeding mothers
What to Try
· For those of you who want to feel the adrenaline rushing, here are the rides that you shouldn’t miss:
· Battlestar Galactica: HUMAN vs. CYLON
· Jurassic Park Rapids Adventure
· Amber Rock Climb
· TRANSFORMERS The Ride
· Revenge of the Mummy
These children-favorite rides can also be enjoyed by their parents:
· Sesame Street Spaghetti Space Chase in New York
· Dino Soarin’ in The Lost World
· Puss in Boots’ Giant Journey in Far Far Away
· King Julien’s Beach Party-Go-Round in Far Far Away
· Enchanted Airways in Far Far Away
Meet & Greet
Make sure you meet and take pictures with Universal Studios’ favorite characters circulating at this theme park! Don’t forget to always check or download the meet & greet schedule before you arrive. Here are some of the characters you can meet:
· Characters from Sesame Streets
· Minions from DESPICABLE ME
· Autobots from Transformers
· Dinosaurs from Jurassic Park
· Shrek, Princess Fiona, Donkey, and Puss In Boots from Shrek
· Other stars, such as Marilyn Monroe, Woody Woodpecker, Batman, and many more.
USS opening hours
Like other recreational parks, Universal Studio Singapore’s opening hours are from 10.00 to 19.00 local time, from Sunday to Thursday. Meanwhile, on Fridays and Saturdays, the playground opens at 10:00 and closes at 22:00 local time.
How to get to Universal Studios Singapore
- Ride the fastest train MRT Singapore
The first way to Universal Studio Singapore is to use the Singapore MRT. If you know about the Singapore MRT line, of course, you won’t have to worry about finding the fastest and easiest transportation. Many tourists take the MRT from Changi Airport and head straight to the MRT station located in the airport’s underground. You can buy tickets at the GTM machine, don’t forget to choose the green line MRT to Dhoby Ghaut.
- Travel more relaxed by bus
The bus can be the number three way to Universal Studio Singapore that you can choose. Just walk to Vivo City and head to the exit, at Harbor Front to find the bus stop that says “Bus to Resort World Sentosa”. You just have to wait for a few minutes for the bus to arrive, but you have to stand in line to get on the RWS8 bus. Buses in Singapore are very helpful on your journey to the USS, as they run from 6 am to 11:30 pm and cost around $2 each way.