Ecommerce website hosting refers to the hosting type in which service provider offer services that require to sell the client’s product and services on the world wide web including a web server to serve a company’s pages, possibly the web site design and the special capabilities require to accept, process, and confirm sales orders.
Ecommerce Hosting Mainly Includes:
- Offering templates for building virtual storefronts or online catalogues.
- Offering software for customised electronic shopping carts taking and filling customer orders.
- Arranging for secure credit card purchasing and offering tools for tracking and managing inventory.
Step Wise Process of Working of Ecommerce Hosting:
- First the client gets a contract signed with the hosting service provider. The client gets a hosting space that is commonly billed monthly, along with any leasing of computer software for processing online orders. The computer may be shared with other clients or in the case of companies expecting a substantial amount of traffic, that may be dedicated exclusively to the client.
- Ecommerce website hosting firm ensure the proper promotion of all the website services and products. The service provider also manages all the technical aspects of creating and maintaining a commercial website for its customers.
- For the start-ups, this is often more effective and cost efficient than setting up and managing their own e commerce site themselves since they are essentially sharing the cost of expensive equipment and internet connections with other employers.
- Ecommerce website hosting services doesn’t limit to providing the website promotional services and managing online transactions. It also includes gathering demographic or other information that could prove beneficial for your business’s growth.
Important Aspects to Look for In an Ecommerce Hosting Provider:
You will get the benefits of an ecommerce website hosting when you end up selecting a reliable hosting service. In today’s time a lot of hosting providers available. One should check these features in an ecommerce hosting provider before signing the contract for the services:
As an ecommerce website your initial priority should be finding a host that is fast and reliable. 57% of consumer will leave your site if load times are longer than 3 seconds, and 80% of them will never return. That is a lot of lost potential. The problem with shared hosting is that it is slow and has frequent downtime, that is unacceptable for any online store.
Every web hosting employer is going to advertise itself as the best and fastest around, so doing research is necessary.
Bandwidth and File Storage:
Ecommerce sites require huge space and they are also the kind of website that mainly pulls the most traffic. You are going to require a host that has enough resources for you unless you want to end up paying hefty overage fees.
Images are a key part of any site is design and you going to need a lot of them no matter what you are designing.
Unlike several king of website, which grow steadily and predictably over time, an ecommerce store’s traffic can be quite variable. In a managed ecommerce host, you should look for two kind of scaling: auto scaling during sudden high traffic periods and scalable resources that grow with you.
Issues are errors are bound to crop up in your new site. If your host doesn’t have a good support team that is ready to support when you reach out, your site could be down for hours. Support should be friendly, helpful, fast, and able to work with you when there is a problem in a proactive manner.
Ecommerce sites are often targeted by hackers, due to the sensitive information they save like credit card numbers and bank passwords, and often are full names and addresses of users. It is very useful to hack a poorly secured online store and bank password.
Every year so many people start their ecommerce website enthusiastically, however their selection of ecommerce website hosting decides everything. When your website grows, you need a proper hosting service to manage the heavy traffic on your website.
Also, you ensure to receive a strong customer support service, so your work couldn’t get hamper much.